The Wabasha Port Authority and Development Agency is the facilitator for local economic development activities in the Wabasha community. The Port Authority can achieve development objectives through a number of activities including:
- Buying, improving, leasing and selling property
- Revolving Loan Fund: A local fund established to provide matching loans to businesses
- Issuing bonds for projects
- Establishing development and JOBZ districts
- Basics of Tax Increment Financing PDF
- TIF Redevelop Handout
- TIF Basics 1 Slideshow
- TIF Basics 2 – Slideshow
- Business Subsidy Agreement PDF
- Wabasha Planning and Zoning
- Wabasha Kellogg Chamber of Commerce / CVB
- Wabasha Utilities – Water and Sewer
- Xcel Energy – Electric and Gas Utilities
- Gopher State One Call – Call Before You Dig
- HBCI – Cable and Phone
- MidCo– Cable and Phone
Workforce Center Services to Employers – Provided At No Fee
- Access to Labor Market Information
- On-line Industry & Employment Statistics
- Wage & Salary Surveys
- Commuting Patterns
- Unemployment Rates
- Cost of Living Rates
- Employment Outlook Projections
- Post available jobs at ALL skills levels
- Accept applications for recruiting
- Pre-employment Testing
- Space for interviewing
- Reception assistance while using our office
- Link to other resources
- Employer of the Month Advertising
- Link to your website & information about you
- Newsletter with up to date information to help your business.
- Special training grants opportunities for Existing Workers.
- Access to State Economic Programs.
- Exporting/Importing Information
- Develop opportunities for Industry Collaboration (i.e. Healthcare, Machining, Inventor-Entrepreneur Club)
The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) have programs available to assist businesses including:
- JOBZ MINNESOTA (Job Opportunity Building Zones) provides local and state tax exemptions to new and expanding businesses and targeted primarily toward industrial, value-added or high-paying service businesses.
- Minnesota Investment Fund – loans for economic development projects that create jobs.
- Brownfields and Redevelopment Loans may be available to assist in environmental clean-up and redevelopment of property. http://www.deed.state.mn.us/programs/mncleanuprevo.htm
- Southeast Minnesota Initiative Foundation has a number of programs to assist businesses in the Southeast Region of Minnesota. Loans can be made to start or expand businesses in Southeast Minnesota.